Monday, April 07, 2008

Church All Over the Place

There was a lot of church going on after church today.

Lots of people seemed to be connecting with lots of other people...building relationships, exchanging information & ideas, helping one another out, making discoveries, making plans...wonderful, exciting.

Wouldn't it be fun to hang out together and talk and connect like this more? Wouldn't it be great if we started to see this as church just as much as we see our formal service time as church? Not seeing church as either/or, but seeing church as both kinds of interaction (and many more) in ways that would inform and enrich all the ways we interact.

Makes me think of my visit to Solomon's Porch last week....the atmosphere the couches there create...their awareness that their community exits wherever the people of Solomon's Porch find themselves...

I'm also thinking about how much rich spirituality I experience outside other defined limits of church and how I want to be able to acknowledge and experience more of that too. I have a lot more thoughts about that. Too many to tackle effectively in this post.

No comments: