Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm Not Waiting

Advent - a time of waiting & preparing?

My kids are waiting....to have the Advent candles lit again (how many days ago did we last do that?)...to get out the Christmas decorations that aren't up yet....to open gifts....

I'm not waiting. I'm rushing against the clock to get everything done in time for Christmas.

In a way I am waiting....waiting and hoping for the elusive year I do it different and don't end up rushed and stressed...waiting and hoping that a time comes this year when enough of the preparations are done that I can slow down and sink more deeply into the meanings and joys of the holidays.

I am preparing. It's a lot of work. I guess making straight a highway in the desert would be a lot of work too. But I'm not sure how many of my preparations are preparing the way of the Lord.

How can I think about things differently so I do things differently so my family and I observe the season with less craziness and more meaning?

No comments: