Friday, December 08, 2006

Are You Lost Without Your Kids?

That's what a couple people asked me last night at a church event that I attended by myself. The question echoed my thoughts from earlier in the evening. I've so rarely experienced a service or interacted with people at this church without the multi-tasking associated with being accompanied by my children. It's a notably different experience to be there on my own. As important as it is to me to routinely have my kids with me at church, one of its drawbacks is that it has contributed to certain limitations in my relationships with other adults there.

I've been wanting to post a few things that don't really fit into my Children in Church blog. My experience last night was the final impetus to give myself a place to do so through this new blog. I hope it will serve a few purposes. Among them, conversation. Feel free to join in.

No comments: